Wow. This was a great all day session! We got the inside scoop on a lot of the functionality and announcements that were going to happen this week. Quite a few times the presenters couldn’t say too much because they didn’t want to steal the thunder from any major announcements happening this week. Cant wait to hear all this later in the week! All content is linked over at the MS Community Site link
Microsoft 365 is made up of:
- Office 365
- Office Apps
- All this has O365 Groups, Microsoft Graph, and Security and Compliance underneath it
- Helps you Connect, Communicate, Create and Coordinate
- Email and Outlook Groups: Ubiquitous for targeted communication
- Inner Loop (Microsoft Teams)
- Outer Loop (Yammer) working in open, conversations are public automatically
- Which tool to use?
- Who are you talking with? -inner loop or outer loop (transparency)
- Defaults – Culture and comfort zone (and “requirements”)
- Decisions – What the group agrees to use (collaboration contract)
- SharePoint and OneDrive connect the workplace
- Share and Work together
- Inform and engage people
- Transform business processes
- Harness Internal knowledge
- SharePoint News End to End
- Create in SP mobile app, SharePoint sites, and SharePoint home in O365
- Consume from SP Home in Office 365, SP Mobile app, SP Sites, MS Teams, new digest email and promote
Demo for SharePoint news
Demo for Communication Sites
Demo of Power Apps
Power Apps Session with Audrey???
Demo of Flow
Demo of SharePoint Sites and preview stuff
New Feature: Hub Sites roll up for multiple sites and areas in SharePoint Online
Allows consistent navigation, consistent search, consistent roll up
Can mix and match comm sites and team sites for hubs
No need for new site, you can nominate a hub site
Create the site, then you go in and add a site
During site provisioning, you can make this mandatory if you want to (Shawn Squires session)
Moving a site currently for hubs does not affect the permissions, but they want to know if this is something they want to change?
Demo of Search and Discovery and also on Mobile
Delve will be grown as well to surface more content in different places
Demo of SharePoint Mobile Apps and improvements coming
SP Search Katherine
Demo of OneDrive for business 101
Interface for Sharing docs and other stuff through O365, OneDrive, and even desktop is same interface…cool!
Check the MS Community site for a great reference for sessions!