2013 Upgrade blocker: missing media web part file

This article is to describe how I resolved a very odd error in the ULS logs and with some external help, I was able to figure out and remove it to get the issue out of the way for an upcoming conversion from 2013 to 2016. The error showed up when I ran Upgrade-SPContentDatabase on […]

Why you should disable Nintex Automatic Database Mapping

There are a few things that after I learn them, make me want to immediately share with as many people as possible. This is definitely one of those moments. After starting a migration project where I work involving some cleanup with Nintex workflow content databases, I’ve run into something that everyone should check in their […]

Mind the Site Locks when Move-SPSite Fails

Recently I was working on a migration of a couple of big sites moving them to their own content databases and it didn’t exactly turn out as I planned. So more than anything, I wanted to use this post to describe what happened and mention some tips and other things that may help others out […]