More zeros in correlation id from web parts

Happy Friday everyone! I quickly wanted to let everyone know about a situation I ran across this week.

I was helping put some new web parts into our dev site but for some reason they both showed errors with all zeros in correlation id in the error details.

I did some investigative research on my dev box and it turns out this was due to a corrupt search index… and an almost full C: drive.

After clearing out a bunch of logs this helped with the space issue. The corrupt index wasn’t to bad either. I just had to go in and clear the config cache of SharePoint and then reset my search index. Finally as a last step, I ran a full crawl.

After doing all that cleanup, the webparts seemed to function fine. Lesson learned for me.

I hope this helps anyone that runs across this again in the future.

Enjoy!

B.J.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: