More zeros in correlation id from web parts

Happy Friday everyone! I quickly wanted to let everyone know about a situation I ran across this week.

I was helping put some new web parts into our dev site but for some reason they both showed errors with all zeros in correlation id in the error details.

I did some investigative research on my dev box and it turns out this was due to a corrupt search index… and an almost full C: drive.

After clearing out a bunch of logs this helped with the space issue. The corrupt index wasn’t to bad either. I just had to go in and clear the config cache of SharePoint and then reset my search index. Finally as a last step, I ran a full crawl.

After doing all that cleanup, the webparts seemed to function fine. Lesson learned for me.

I hope this helps anyone that runs across this again in the future.

Enjoy!

B.J.

Advertisements