Performancepoint issue with KB2775353 in SPS 2010

 

Howdy folks!

I thought I would take this opportunity to let everyone know about a bug that was discovered by our BI team this week with the April 2013 CU for SharePoint 2010.

The bug is mainly affecting PerformancePoint Services in SharePoint 2010 Server.

Background: Our users have a set of KPI’s that are published on a couple of dashboards that contain operational data. Normally when the dashboards load, these graphs, charts, and reports are hidden to improve initial loading performance. When the user clicks on the proper cell for each KPI, the dashboard will create 1-3 graphs, charts, reports or a mash up of the 3 to display further details.

Issue: We noticed earlier this week in our environment that when we would click on a cell for a KPI, none of the charts, graphs, or reports for that KPI would display properly. It was just like they weren’t being displayed when the user clicked on a cell. Our users have many important reports they get to by this process, so this affects us in a big way.

One odd thing to note that we found in our troubleshooting of this issue is that if you edit the page in SharePoint that each dashboard is on, the graphs and charts and reports show up just fine. When you stop editing the page in SharePoint, the dashboards go back to not showing them. Weird, huh!!??

Workaround: For now the only workaround we have for this issue is to display all of our charts and graphs and reports on the dashboards at the same time. This does slow down our performance a bit, but this is better than the users just not being able to see the information they need at all.

As we learn more about this, I will update this post.

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Performancepoint issue with KB2775353 in SPS 2010”

  1. Curious if you tested this both in IE9 and IE10? I’ve been removing IE10 on users having any performance/hanging issues in SharePoint as a result of getting the IE10 update. Thx.

    1. Hi Patrick! Yes, we actually tested this from IE10 all the way down to IE7 in our efforts to try and find a fix, but it still behaves the same way for our users regardless of the version of IE they were running, but YMMV.

      Thanks,
      BJ

  2. I got this BUG.. I just opened new case at Microsoft about that, I will update here if we will get a solution… Thanks.

    1. Thanks Brian! The folks I was working with on my case have told me that this fix will be in the August CU for SharePoint 2010, so hopefully you will have the same luck.
      -BJ

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s